Ripley Connections Committee meeting 29th February 2012
Venue: Horsley Park Hotel
Present: Sally Castro Gouviea ( Chair) Nigel Cutts Chris Harris Paul Flay Mike Dennett
Apologies: Suzanne Brooker Rebecca Newenham
1. It was agreed to hold quarterly meetings with set dates in the diary to monitor the progress of the group and discuss areas such as the venue, food , fees or any other matters arising.
Should we feel as a committee that there are no particular issues to discuss at the time of a meeting then we will defer this to the next meeting.
2. It was agreed that we will change the format of the 60 second round and split this into 3x 10 people with two five minute talks interspersed into the middle of these talks. That way it will break it up a bit so it keeps peoples attention. This will be put into practice after visitors day.
3. To make sure that people remember to say 'what they are looking for from that meeting'.
4. We are going to drop the showing of cards as we are unable to see these anyway, and to remind people to write down during the talks who they would like to meet up with or a contact card for someone else.
5.in the final 'wrap up' at the end we will go round the room again and ask for people to mention anyone who they have done business with that month and not that year! Whilst these comments are always good to hear for our visitors It was agreed that this can get repetitive for our members.
6. Lastly the venue was discussed at great length and based on the meeting and having a tour around the venue with Lauren from Horsley Park everyone left happy about trying this for our visitors day with a view for this being our permanent venue for our networking. We will base this on the overall feedback within the group after our visitors day.
Lauren was very helpful and they are very keen to welcome our group to this venue. The room that we are holding our meeting in is beautiful.